Saturday, October 6, 2007

Game on!

What a weird weekend for fall sessions! I'm a summer lover, so you won't catch me complaining about the 85-degree heat and humidity well into the second weekend of October (other than it would be nice to turn off my a/c), but it sure does make it interesting for my poor clients who have planned their fall photo wardrobes thinking it's going to be nice and cool outside. I sure felt bad for these guys sweating it out in sweaters, long-sleeves and pants during their family portraits. What else made this session interesting is that the fall color is starting to peek out in the trees, but there is hardly a patch of green grass to be found anywhere, so we actually did most of the session on the road (uh, except for the ones I'm just happening to show... LOL), which was fun each time a car decided to drive down the road and this poor family had to get up, clear to the sides of the road, let the car pass, and then resume their positions in the middle of the road, only to do it again a few minutes later. Yep, all that moving sure helped the warm clothes/heat situation. :)

So I had to chuckle to myself when the sweet and shy 2-year-old here decided it might be fun to start yelling "car!" as soon as I would lay down in the the middle of the road just to catch my reaction. Suddenly, after a half hour of not liking me or my camera too much, we became fast friends. And she reminded me of great line in a Wayne's World movie, "Car! Game off!"

(And now I'm showing my age, so I shall shut up and let you see the pretty pictures with the non-sweaty kids... ;)





No comments: