Saturday, September 15, 2007

Special delivery

Every woman loves hearing a good delivery story. So when my maternity client from just two weeks ago called me up this week and said, "We had our baby!" I must admit I was a little surprised to be hearing from her so soon since she wasn't due until the very end of September. So of course, I inquired about how her delivery went, expecting to hear the textbook, "blah, blah, blah... it was fine after the epidural." Instead, her story began with her water breaking three weeks early right after midnight with her husband in Florida on a business trip and no flight home until 8 in the morning. As if that weren't bad enough, she arrives at the hospital shortly after midnight to discover her baby is breech and she'll require an unexpected c-section. So her doctor gives her terbulatine to stop her contractions, which works for the first dose, but not the second. And she also gets a dose of a pain killer, which she then has an allergic reaction to. Oh, and the poor thing has to throw up while she's getting her c-section while being strapped down to the table. Undoubtedly, she's going to hands-down win labor horror story that women are fond of swapping among each other after they've given birth. :)

Her delivery, however, has a happy ending. Her husband did arrive in time to see his daughter being born, and Miss M was born healthy and happy--and as you can see, just perfectly beautiful, too.

My warmest congratulations!





1 comment:

Karson and Kami said...

Way to go...Now you've freaked me out. I'm 24 and my hubby and I still haven't had a baby yet. Hearing this scares the heck out of me though!! Yikes!

But, I must agree, it was worth it. Her daughter is gorgeous.

I love the crop on the last one. What a creative idea. I've never thought of doing something like that to make into a 10x20. I'll have to try it sometime!