Sunday, September 16, 2007

Say "cheese!"

Hours later, I have to laugh. Honestly, I was a little scared before this session this morning. I was out of half and half for my coffee, so I had a tiny, unsatisfying cup with 1% milk. It was the first day of really cold weather, and honestly, I'm just not a cold weather girl. Four kids. Three of them three or younger. One of them sick. And one of them very intent on saying, "cheese!" everytime I pointed my lens at him. Generally, a recipe for a portrait disaster, especially considering my non-caffeinated state. But within minutes, I was waking up, the weather was warming up, and I was playfully scolding him each time he said "cheese!" and all of us were then collapsing into fits of giggles with his unrelentlessness.

Mornings like this are what make me feel good, even without a decent cup of coffee to start my morning.









No comments: