Sunday, September 9, 2007

Intensely bittersweet

The main thing I've discovered about motherhood is its intense bittersweetness. It's beyond amazing to watch your kids grow up, yet also incredibly depressing--not necessarily because it signifies your own aging, but because you are simply left wondering where the time has gone.

They aren't my own kids, but she was the flower girl in my wedding. Four years old, and as cute as a button. She drew perhaps as much attention as her father did. (I'm totally kidding you, P! :) He was 2 weeks old. Two weeks! And now look at them. Not quite all the way grown up, but man, they sure are close enough.

I am not only left wondering where the time has gone, but how much beauty can be packed inside two kids not only on the outside, but also on the inside...











No comments: