Sunday, May 4, 2008

Was that a sigh of relief I just heard?

Doing large group family portraits with young kids is unpredictable at best. Literally, you've probably only got the first 5 minutes for their cooperation, and anything beyond that is just borrowed time. (This is also true for most of the men involved in the session, too. :)

I have a slight feeling at the end of the session that the person who organized it wasn't quite sure if it was successful or not, but I'm hoping she'll be relieved when she sees these three. While I feel a great sense of accomplishment getting those traditional, everyone-looking-straight-at-the-camera shots, I truly love family images that capture interactions and relationships so much more (and really, I think they're almost more challenging to get).





No comments: