Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blessed

I truly have a special place in my heart for girls celebrating their First Holy Communions. I'm not Catholic, and my mom and grandmother loved dressing me in classic smocked dresses (with two crinolin slips!) during my childhood very much to my dismay, but as much as I wasn't a girly-girl growing up, I must admit that I eyed up those communion gowns--which were everywhere in the predominately Catholic Scranton--with such envy every spring. "Mom, can't I get one?" I'd plead. "Please? Why can't we just go to a Catholic church?"

I know it took a leap of faith for her mom to hire me after years of working with another photographer, so she really has no clue how much I want her to desperately love these.

Blessings, Miss O. You're beautiful. :)









3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny B said...

These are stunning. What a special day you got to capture. Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.